Behringer Unleashes the Analog 4-Voice Synthesizer the POLY D
Based upon the same architecture of the MODEL D
Teasing the synth community a month ago with their secret Model D “warp drive” video, Behringer have taken everyone by surprise by announcing the POLY D that features a 37- full sized keys and four analog VCOs letting you enjoy the fat lead and bass sounds via a four note polyphony.
There’s a choice of triangle/saw, saw, square, wide pulse and narrow pulse waveforms on the first three oscillators, while the fourth is able to access triangle, reverse saw, saw, square, wide pulse and narrow pulse to give you a variety of tonal possibilities. The POLY D features the classic 24dB latter filter that Moog synthesizers are well renowned for, an LFO, inbuilt distortion circuit, a stereo Bucket Brigade Delay chorus based on the Juno-60, a 32-step sequencer and an arpeggiator.
The inclusion of Juno Chorus and arpeggiator function add a nice little package for the mammoth POLY D. Like the original Moog Model-D, the top panel of the Behringer Poly D can be laid prone or angled, and the unit also features MIDI In, Out and Thru via USB and standard DIN ins and outs. It's a very bold move from Berringer, and definitely sets them up as a force to be reckoned with in the audio electronics sector.
- Analog synthesizer with quadruple VCO design allows for insanely fat music creation
- 4-Voice polyphonic/paraphonic design with mono, unison and polyphonic mode
- 37 semi-weighted full-size keys featuring velocity functionality
- Authentic reproduction of original "D Type" circuitry with matched transistors and JFETs
- Ultra-high precision 0.1% Thin Film resistors and Polyphenyline Sulphide capacitors
- Pure analog signal path based on authentic VCO, VCF and VCA designs
- 5 variable oscillator shapes with variable pulse widths for ultimate sounds
- Classic 24 dB ladder filter with resonance for legendary sound performance
- Amazing stereo chorus based on authentic circuitry
- Distortion circuitry adds insane spice and edge to your sounds
- Easy-to-use voltage controlled 32-step sequencer with 64 sequence locations
- Arpeggiator with wide patterns for great sound effects
- Switchable low/high pass filter mode for enhanced sound creation
- Dedicated and fully analog triangle/square wave LFO
- Noise generator dramatically expands waveform generation
- 84 controls give you direct and real-time access to all important parameters
- External audio input for processing external sound sources
- Stereo outputs featuring servo-balanced output stages for highest signal integrity
- Comprehensive MIDI implementation with MIDI channel and Voice Priority selection