The Behringer WING Lands in Australia
The Behringer WING Lands in Australia
Benefit from first-class hands-on control, thanks to 24 smooth-feeling motorized 100mm faders, a capacitive touchscreen, adjustable display wheel, and touch-sensitive rotary controls. Capture sound with the utmost in quality, courtesy of eight MIDAS Pro mic preamps, while a bevy of digital I/O options provide near-limitless connectivity. Record up to 64 channels directly to dual-SD cards, use optional expansion cards to attain Dante, SoundGrid, or MADI support, or deploy the WING’s built-in 48-in/48-out USB audio interface to record straight to your DAW. Getting around the WING is a breeze, thanks to its intuitive Sources, which put the emphasis on your source audio rather than the nuts and bolts of your mix. Complete with 16 true-stereo processors with standard and classic modelled effects, the WING is a top-shelf digital console that will elevate your live sound capabilities.
Despite its deep feature set, the WING is a breeze to navigate, its interface centres on a large capacitive touchscreen that’s augmented by touch-sensitive rotary controls.
The WING is jam-packed with I/O — 374 inputs and outputs, to be exact. If including the internal signals, the WING has a whooping 400 inputs and outputs. Faced with this much I/O, Behringer’s engineering team reimagined the flow of a traditional mixer, putting the emphasis on your source audio, using what Behringer calls — quite fittingly — Sources. In the WING, inputs are much more than historical inputs, because they contain metadata on what the Source is — tags, input icon, input colour, gain, phantom power, and if the Source is mono, stereo, or mid-side.
With 374 Sources, a single 1-channel input seems a little underpowered. Each of its 48 channels — 40 Inputs plus eight returns — can operate as mono, stereo, or mid-side. Designed from the ground up for immediate channel status overview and flow of operation, the WING’s innovative channel editing section offers effortless operation. It’s tailor-made for multitasking, enabling you to work on the selected channel’s processing, even while the main display is being used for something else entirely. And the WING’s touch-sensitive rotary controls put the most relevant information right at your fingertips.
The WING comes loaded with ample I/O and is highly expandable as well, granting you a tremendous level of flexibility. It all starts with 40 stereo input processing channels, as well as eight stereo aux channels. Output processing channels include 16 stereo aux buses, eight stereo matrixes, and four stereo mains.
Behringer WING Features:
- 8 award-winning Midas PRO mic preamps and 8 Midas PRO outputs onboard
- 24 motorized 100 mm faders in 3 separate, fully configurable sections
- "Plug and play" remote I/O connectivity for up to 144 input and output signals over 3 AES50 ports featuring Klark Teknik’s SuperMAC technology for ultra-low jitter and latency
- Large main display with capacitive touch screen and adjustable display swivel
- Unique touch-sensitive channel editing section with 11 rotary controls and dedicated color TFT for staying on top of all channel properties
- Optional module for 64x64 channels of audio over Ethernet – supporting WAVES SoundGrid Technology* or Dante/AES67 Technology*
- 48 x 48 channel USB 2.0 audio interface onboard with DAW remote control emulating HUI* and Mackie Control*
- Dual-SD card live recorder/player with up to 64 tracks and markers for identifying song positions
- Additional 4-channel control section with rotary controls, buttons and parameter display for permanent access to mains, matrices or "money-channels"
- Premium FX rack with 8 true-stereo processors and world-class TC algorithms, Lexicon*, Quantec* and EMT* emulations
- Standard FX rack with 8 true-stereo processors for a wide array of modulation, EQ, dynamics etc.
- also allows blending outboard effects to the mix
- 5 variable plug-in processing slots for all 40 stereo input channels, featuring the most iconic vintage analog equalizers and compressors, plus insert FX slot and 4-band parametric EQ for all 8 stereo aux channels
- Custom Controls offering 16 latching or momentary buttons and 4 rotary controls, easily being configured for preferred functions
- 4 main, 8 matrix and 16 aux stereo buses, featuring dual inserts, 8-band parametric EQ's, stereo imager and full dynamics processing
- 2 Ethernet ports with integrated switch for networked remote control
- Built-in expansion port for optional audio interface cards or digital networking bridges, MADI* and ADAT/WC
- StageCONNECT 32-channel low-latency interface for personal monitoring or analog I/O boxes, AES/EBU stereo digital in
- and outputs on balanced XLR, 8x8 balanced TRS auxiliary line in
- and outputs, 2 TRS phones connectors, MIDI I/O and 4 GPIO ports
For more information visit the Behringer website.