Tannoy QCI A1-BL - AV Technology Review
The QCI range is designed with the same high standards and attention to detail as Tannoy’s professional and hi-fi loudspeakers. They deliver high fidelity sound that is natural and detailed. They have the same sonic signature and can be easily mixed and matched to make a stereo, surround or multi-room audiophile system.
Designed and engineered in the UK, the full range QCI A1-BL comprises a single 5″ Glass Fibre driver and high-excursion rubber surround. Capable of handling up to 240 Watts the QCI A1 is easy to drive and suits a wide variety of amplifiers and applications. The QCI A1-BL features the Tannoy Dual Concentric Driver technology. With seven decades of continuous refinement the Dual Concentric driver delivers a “near-perfect point source”. The high frequency driver is located centrally dramatically improving time coherence. The benefits are outstanding tonal accuracy – faithful to the original material, better controlled dispersion and a more natural sound with a wider listening sweet-spot.
- 5” Dual Concentric driver featuring Tannoy point-source symmetrical dispersion technology
- Tulip Waveguide enhances the point source symmetrical dispersion properties, providing exceptional high frequency clarity and articulation
- Integrated wall-fixing for no-hassle installation and mounting
- 70 Watts continuous, 280 Watts peak power
- All-weather cabinet and grille construction for indoor & outdoor applications
- Glass fibre cone and rubber surround provide excellent sound and high excursion linearity
- Rigid die cast chassis provides mechanical integrity for low colouration
- Minimalistic, compact design for discreet installation
- All-black finish fits unobtrusively in any environment
- UV resistant mesh grille with dust protection
Article published by AV Technology